Recipe of the Game: Volleyball Cheese Ball – Finals Edition
Your Florida Gators are headed to the National Championship semifinals! As you prep for the next watch party, try out one of our favorite cheese ball recipes! A ham and cheese ‘volleyball’ studded with pecans is a favorite for game day, and it always gets compliments. Scoop it up with crackers!
Makes: ~ 20 servings Time to Prep: 15 minutes
What you need:
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced deli ham
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 packages (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans (or your favorite nut)
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- Assorted crackers
- Place ham and onion in a food processor; pulse until finely chopped. Add cheddar cheese; pulse until blended. Add cream cheese; process until smooth.
- Shape cheese mixture into a football; press pecans into cheese mixture. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Cut cheese into strips; arrange over top for laces. Serve with crackers.
Photo Cred: eBubble, Recipe Cred: Taste of Home